Create a Successful Customer Journey for Greater ImpactApr 10, 2023
Are you tired of losing customers after the initial purchase?
Do you want to create a customer experience that sets your business apart from the competition?
Look no further!
In this blog, we'll take you through the simple steps to create a customer journey that engages and helps your customers navigate your offer, from initial contact to post-purchase follow-up. With a little effort and attention to detail, you can create happy customers who keep coming back for more, leading to your ultimate success. Win...win!
As an online business owner, you know that the key to success is creating happy customers and that magic word 'impact'.
But how do you create a customer journey that leads to customer success? Especially in the online business space, we often focus so much on sharing our knowledge that we overlook some simple ways that can help your customer get all the feels.
The barrier created when we don't see our customers in person or even in a Zoom meeting is immense and we must close that gap to truly create change for them.
There are simple steps you can take to create a customer journey that engages and helps them navigate your offer, whether it be a checklist, a video, or a full-blown course!
Know Your Ideal Customer
The first step in creating a successful customer journey is knowing your ideal customer. This means understanding their needs, wants, and pain points. This information goes beyond how you will sell your offer to them and how they will best learn from you!
Here you will look at it from the perspective that they already purchased your amazing offer and we move toward how they can be more successful with your offer.
- Who are they? Really paint this picture to help decide how technical your materials will be and how they are delivered.
- What motivates them? This in-depth knowledge will help you decide how long your course or program should be.
- What obstacles might they face with your content? If you have the opportunity to use templates or tutorials to help them make progress.
By answering these questions, you can create your product with the main needs in mind right from the get-go, then the remaining pieces are layered to an even greater impact. You'll be well on your way to creating a customer journey that speaks directly to your ideal customer AND addresses their unique learning needs.
Map Out the Customer Journey
The next step is to map out the customer journey. This involves identifying the different touchpoints your customer will have with your business, from initial contact to post-purchase follow-up. You want to make sure that each touchpoint is intentional and designed to move the customer further along the journey toward success.
Customer Touch Points:
- Sales page: sets the expectation
- Checkout: remind expectations and be sure to collect any vital information such as mailing address if you like to send customer gifts and surprises.
- Thank you page: make them proud and get them excited for the outcome.
- Layout all the first steps
- Tell them again everything they get and where to find it
- Tell them where to go for help
- Give them 1 first task they can do RIGHT NOW.
- Thank you email: everything is repeated from the thank you page.
- Follow-up Sequence: 4-5 emails in the first week to get them moving in the right direction and be sure to be ready with support for questions.
- Advanced Automation: Continue more touch points either via adding to the email sequence or by triggering within your course by action to send an email specifically about the section they completed. This can be accomplished in my favorite software for online biz legends...Kajabi.
Offer Exceptional Customer Service
Finally, it's important to offer exceptional customer service at every step of the journey. This means being responsive to customer inquiries, offering personalized support, and following up after the sale to ensure customer satisfaction.
When you provide exceptional customer service, you create a loyal customer base that will continue to support your business for years to come.
Creating a customer journey that leads to customer success is essential for any online business. By knowing your ideal customer, developing a customer persona, mapping out the journey, creating engaging content, and offering exceptional customer service, you can create a customer experience that sets your business apart from the competition. So why wait?
Start creating your customer journey today and watch your business thrive!
Are you overwhelmed with all the ideas, decisions, and task lists required to bring your offers to life?
Schedule a Breakthrough Power Call with me today to get you moving so you can impact the world!
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.